Judge Alexander Blue's House
This two-story Italianate farmhouse is over one hundred and thirty years old, according to City records. The exterior of the home is constructed of white clapboard. It has a stone foundation and a partial basement with concrete floor. The gable roof is shingled. The curvilinear gingerbread trim along the eaves and gables has long since disappeared. The thirteen interior rooms have pine trim, pine floors, and plaster wall.
This house was originally located on the west side of Middle Belt north of Schoolcraft and was moved to Greenmead in 1987.
Alexander Blue held many township positions during his lifetime. He was elected Justice of the Peace in 1846 and held this position for 28 consecutive years. He also served as township supervisor for three years, beginning in 1864, and as postmaster of Elm in 1881.
The Blue House is now an adaptive re-use building which is available for private parties and meetings. For more information on renting this building for your special event, please call the office at 248-477-7375.