Construction of the interurban line was proposed in 1897. Operation began February 14, 1899.
The line ran between Wayne and Northville, making stops at Newburg and Plymouth. The Plymouth, Northville Railway was purchased by the Detroit United Railway in 1907. It operated the line until 1927.
The track turned at the corner of Ann Arbor Trail and Newburg until 1912, when it was moved. It then curved behind the A.J. Geer Store.
The Detroit United Railway Waiting Room is divided into two rooms; a small waiting room with benches and a larger freight room, located up three strops from the waiting room. The dimensions of the building are 12’ 4 1/2”x 21’4”.
The building was purchased by the Livonia Historical Society in 1974 and moved by the Livonia Historical Commission to Quaker Acres in 1975. In 1976, it was moved to Greenmead and is now part of the Livonia Historical Village. Restoration of the building was funded by the Livonia Historical Society.