Built in 1843
Nathan Kingsley built a home on his farm in a small settlement known as Livonia Center. Today that location at Farmington and Five Mile Roads is still the hub of activity in this city.
This home is an outstanding example of midwestern Greek Revival architectural. Wood used in this home was hewn from trees on the property. Wooden pegs were used in the counstruction of the floors. The house has its original wood siding.
In 1963, Mr. and Mrs. Charles W. Allen, Sr. purchased the house from Blanche Martin. In 1977, Mrs. Allen donated the house to the City of Livonia.
A descendant of the Kingsley family, Arliss Ryan, wrote a novel entitled "The Kingsley House" which is available at the Livonia Libraries.