The Newburg Methodist Church was constructed in 1848 on a site across from the Newburg Cemetery. In 1888 the building was turned over to trustees of the Methodist Church at Newburg by the original congregation. The Sunday School wing was added in 1889. The pews and stained glass windows in the church today were installed in 1902.
In 1915 the church was moved from its original site to the northeast corner of Newburgh Road and Ann Arbor Train in an effort to increase the congregation’s size. The front vestibule was enlarged, and the bell tower was rebuilt in 1948.
The City of Livonia acquired the building in 1977. At that time it was moved to Livonia Historical Village and restored to its 1915 condition.
The church is available for rental. Please call the office at 248-477-7375.