The Newburg Methodist Church was removed from the Plymouth Circuit in 1920, creating a need for a parsonage. Ground was broken north of the church on Newburg Road for the Parsonage on April1, 1924. On June 28, 1924, the Rv. Paul Havens moved into this new seven room Bungalow. By the time the house was dedicated, this small congregation with the help of other area churches had paid half of the $4,300 cost of the building.
In 1960, the Newburg Methodist Church built a new parsonage on Ann Arbor Trail. The old Parsonage was donated to the city by the Lord’s House, and was moved to the Historical Village on July 1, 1977, where it is now part of the recreation of the Newburg intersection.
The Parsonage is not open to the public.